|Photo: World Record Academy|
I'm mentioning this not only because I'm excited about the thought of a gigantic pizza (which I am), but because of the press that the group gained because of it.
While it's fantastic that The Dirt Road Cookers achieved their goal, they probably would have garnered almost as much press even if they had simply attempted to break the record. My point being that you can create your own press frenzy by attempting a similar feat.
A quick Google News search revealed that the Texas-based story was covered in the following places, as well as other national blogs and news sites:
- New York, NY
- Mankato, MN
- Lubbock, TX
- San Antonio, TX
So which pizza-related record could you break? Here are a few that have been set that you may consider attempting (there's one on the list that seems pretty doable).
- Largest pizza delivery - 30,000 ready-to-bake pizzas
- Most pizzas made in an hour by a team - 837
- Most pizzas made in one hour by an individual - 206
- Highest pizza toss - 27 feet
- Largest gluten-free pizza - 32"