Thursday, June 12, 2014
9 Ways to Fail As a Leader
Go through the list below to see if you may be guilty of any bad leadership skills. It's not too late to make a change.
1. You put more importance on the bottom line than your employees.
2. You regularly call staff out for wrongdoings in front of their peers.
3. You are not open to criticism or learning.
4. You do not hold regular meetings with staff to assist in their growth.
5. You yell, or otherwise demean staff in any way.
6. You are absent most of the time.
7. You find it hard to communicate with staff.
8. You are unwilling to take the blame and/or give credit where it's due.
9. You would rather feel comfortable than rock the boat with any changes.
This list is just the tip of the iceberg. We've all been around good and bad leaders. Recognizing which one you are, and making the necessary tweaks to ensure you are representing your company the best way you can, is an ongoing process.
Labels: bad leadership skills, failing at leadership, leadership skills, leading a pizzeria, the pizza insider, ways to fail at leadership
My goal at The Pizza Insider is to give you the inside scoop on the latest trends, marketing tactics and technology so that you're always one step ahead of the competition! I've been a part of the pizza industry since 2007, first as the editor-in-chief, and now as the editor-at-large at PMQ Pizza Magazine. My first pizza book, Pizza: A Slice of American History, was just released; find out more here.