Thursday, July 3, 2014
6 Last-Minute 4th of July Promotions
1. Offer a discount to anyone wearing something patriotic, blasting the offer out on email/text/social media to all of your fans.
2. Bring pizza to local fireworks organizers (usually the Fire Department). You'll earn some new fans and get your name out to the community while feeding hungry firefighters.
3. Invite some of your top customers to view the fireworks with you at a local park (free pizza included). Keep the party to as many or as few people as you want.
4. Even if you don't normally offer catering, offer 4th of July takeout trays of wings, bread sticks, mozzarella sticks, salad, etc. Folks will need food to take to backyard barbecues.
5. Set up a pizza grill outside the pizzeria (if you have the skills/space/zoning) and create your own pizza grilling zone.
6. Host your own pizza/wing eating contest like the hot dog eating contest held on Coney Island. Contestants are never hard to find at the last minute when free pizza/gift cards are involved.
Good luck promoting! Let me know if you try any of the above ideas or if you have some clever ideas of your own to share.
Labels: 4th of july pizzeria promotions, 4th of july promotions, marketing 4th of july, pizzeria marketing 4th of july
My goal at The Pizza Insider is to give you the inside scoop on the latest trends, marketing tactics and technology so that you're always one step ahead of the competition! I've been a part of the pizza industry since 2007, first as the editor-in-chief, and now as the editor-at-large at PMQ Pizza Magazine. My first pizza book, Pizza: A Slice of American History, was just released; find out more here.