Peyton Manning saying that the legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado has helped to increase sales for business owners.
I thought we'd take a look at some of the ways it really could benefit the biz....
1. We'll start with the obvious. People will be hungrier, especially for quick and delicious hand-held foods. Can you say "pizza!"?
2. Smokers will be super relaxed and unable--or unwilling--to drive anywhere. Can you say "pizza delivery!"?
3. Thanks to the legalization, regular pot smokers will save money, leaving more money to spend on the necessary munchies. Again, pizza!
4. If you live in one of the states that has legalized recreational marijuana (Colorado and Washington), or legalized medical marijuana, you may even consider jumping on the bandwagon yourself and creating extra revenue, like this pizzeria in Canada, which adds pot to the pizza.
5. Truly dedicated pot smokers who you weren't aware worked for you, will enjoy the free access so much that they may start missing their shifts at the pizzeria, helping you to "weed" out staff members where necessary.
Can you think about other benefits? Let's hear about it in the comments.
Friday, September 26, 2014
5 Ways Legalized Pot Helps Pizza Biz
Labels: legalized marijuana colorado, legalized pot and pizza, marijuana legalization, peyton manning and pizza, pizza and pot, pot legalization, the pizza insider
My goal at The Pizza Insider is to give you the inside scoop on the latest trends, marketing tactics and technology so that you're always one step ahead of the competition! I've been a part of the pizza industry since 2007, first as the editor-in-chief, and now as the editor-at-large at PMQ Pizza Magazine. My first pizza book, Pizza: A Slice of American History, was just released; find out more here.