Thursday, July 16, 2015
6 Ways to Keep Your Staff Happy
There are a few simple steps you can follow each day to make sure staff members feel appreciated and supported. The more support they feel, the more support they'll return to you.
1. Keep the lines of communication open, sharing your goals for the company and how your staff fits in.
2. Help give team members a sense of accomplishment through regular challenges and contests.
3. Take a genuine interest in the lives of your staff members so that they don't feel like a number.
4. Ask staff for their opinions and viewpoints.
5. Maintain staff morale with regularly scheduled team building meetings.
6. Set the bar high and consistently reward employees for a job well done.
How do you keep your staff happy? Let me know in the comments section below.
Labels: employee relations, keep employees happy, keep staff happy, manage employees, manage wait staff, restaurant management, the pizza insider
My goal at The Pizza Insider is to give you the inside scoop on the latest trends, marketing tactics and technology so that you're always one step ahead of the competition! I've been a part of the pizza industry since 2007, first as the editor-in-chief, and now as the editor-at-large at PMQ Pizza Magazine. My first pizza book, Pizza: A Slice of American History, was just released; find out more here.