Thursday, July 9, 2015
8 Ways to Score with Fall Football
So how can you make sure you get the most benefit from football season? First, start planning early--like now! Then, consider all of the football games--pro, college and high school--there are large fan groups for all of these. Gather schedules for all of the games and coordinate a plan of attack.
1. If your pizzeria has televisions, announce viewing parties for the games, with special deals on wings and pizza during the event.
2. Take note of what the big chains do and offer a big bundle deal for football parties (i.e., three pizzas with wings, bread sticks and soda)
3. Ask a local football player (or the whole team) to appear in your marketing in exchange for free pizza.
4. Run a Touchdown contest wherein every touchdown earns customers a dollar amount off of their next purchase.
5. Offer free football schedule souvenir cups with the purchase of a large beverage (coordinate with local schools to supply these at games as their official sponsor).
6. Promote your availability for catering/tailgating orders.
7. Run a contest for free football tickets. Everyone who spends over a certain dollar amount is entered into the contest.
8. Create your own fantasy football league with customers and award the winner with a pizza party.
Have more ideas? Let me know in the comments section below.
Labels: football promotions, marketing, marketing football, pizzeria marketing, pizzeria promotions, restaurant contests, restaurant marketing, restaurant promotions, the pizza insider
My goal at The Pizza Insider is to give you the inside scoop on the latest trends, marketing tactics and technology so that you're always one step ahead of the competition! I've been a part of the pizza industry since 2007, first as the editor-in-chief, and now as the editor-at-large at PMQ Pizza Magazine. My first pizza book, Pizza: A Slice of American History, was just released; find out more here.